Applications are now invited for the following positions.
EMPLOYMENT VACANCY 2019 WYNDHAM CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
PRIMARY CLASSROOM TEACHER (5 POSITIONS)
Wyndham Christian College (WCC) is currently seeking to employ five innovative, passionate, and engaging primary teachers to join our dynamic team. The positions are full time, commencing Term 1, 2019.
At Wyndham Christian College (WCC), we believe in a holistic education where academic learning is balanced with the pursuit of emotional, social, spiritual and physical wellbeing. Our vision statement of “Growing in Christ, Striving for Excellence, Influencing the World” underpins everything that we do at WCC.
Wyndham Christian College is a new campus of Heatherton Christian College and will be commencing in 2019 with six Prep-Grade 4 classes of 150 students, with a plan to add an additional year level each subsequent year. This is the first step in a master plan to build a large P-12 Christian College of 1450 students on our 30-acre site at 418-438 Ballan Road, Wyndham Vale 3024. This is an incredible opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher to be a key part of the pioneering, growth and development of this new vibrant school.
The Wyndham area is the fastest growing area in metropolitan Melbourne. The College site is perfectly situated to begin a new school, it is close to public transport and adjacent to new housing estates. We anticipate that the new school will grow rapidly. There has already been huge interest and excitement from local families regarding the school, with waiting lists in some year levels for 2019 already.
For more information on WCC go to: www.hcc.vic.edu.au
About the Role:
- Primary classroom teacher.
- Full-time, both 1-year contract and ongoing positions available from the beginning of Term 1, 2019.
- Outstanding professional practice, including demonstrated capacity to differentiate the curriculum and the ability to work with colleagues to continually improve teaching and learning.
- The ability to monitor and assess student learning data and to use this data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills and a high level of interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and staff.
- A commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of college activities and a commitment to ongoing professional learning to enable further development of skills, expertise and teaching capacity.
- A commitment to the Christian values and vision of Wyndham Christian College.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage and communicate with all stakeholders including students, parents and staff.
- Ability to be solutions focused and data-driven in all decision making.
- A desire to use flexibility and creativity in day-to-day activities.
- An interest in sustainability will be advantageous.
All staff at Wyndham Christian College must subscribe wholeheartedly to the Wyndham Christian College Statement of Faith (view by clicking on the link below) and be active Christians with church involvement.
How to apply
To be considered for this position please include the following with your application:
- A cover letter of no more than one page.
- Curriculum Vitae containing employment history, educational qualifications and the contact details of three professional referees.
- A summary, of up to three A4 pages, of the specific skills and attributes you would bring to the role that would address the selection criteria above.
- A current reference letter from your Church pastor or minister.
Applications must be emailed to The Executive Principal, Mr Peter Cliffe, email@example.com and cc’d to the Head of Campus, Wyndham Christian College Mrs Jennifer Trodden firstname.lastname@example.org
A confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of emailing your application, please contact the school on 85516650.
For further information please contact the Executive Principal, Peter Cliffe, during office hours on (03) 8551 6650.
Wyndham Christian College is a child-safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees will be required to comply with the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Monday 20 August, 4:00 pm