We currently have 2 vacancies.
Secondary French Teacher – Part Time
Heatherton Christian College is seeking to appoint an excellent and innovative Secondary Teacher of French for Terms 2 to 4 in 2019. This role is offered as a fixed term, part time teaching position (0.7), with the possibility of ongoing employment beyond this. We welcome applicants of all levels of experience.
The successful applicant will be required to teach French from Year 7 to Year 11, French being a compulsory subject up to Year 8 and an elective subject from Years 9 to 11.
As a Child Safe School, we promote the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability. As such, the Staff Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policies must be adhered to.
A salary package consistent with the applicant’s level of experience and expertise will be negotiated.
Requirements for this position include:
- An ability to clearly articulate a strong, personal Christian faith.
- Suitable qualifications and current expertise to teach French to Year 12 (and other Secondary subject areas).
- Demonstrated excellence as a French teacher with an ability to assist students develop in their language studies skills.
- A high level of skills and competence in utilising technology to enhance the learning of students.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness to work collaboratively and contribute to the Christian ethos and Christian community of the college, including contributing to extra-curricular activities (for example: school camps / mission trips / staff retreat / Open morning etc).
All applicants must hold current VIT registration, must subscribe wholeheartedly to the Heatherton Christian College Statement of Faith (HERE) and be active Christians with church involvement.
Applications should be submitted via email (address below) and needs to include the following:
- A copy of your CV which includes evidence of registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
- A summary of up to 3 A4 pages addressing the six, ‘Requirements for this position’, listed above – making mention of the unique skills, attributes and experiences that you have and would bring to the role.
- A written character reference from your current Pastor/Minister/Priest.
- Contact details of three referees
Submitting your Application
Applications are to be addressed and sent to the Head of Campus, Phil Eastman, (email@example.com ) and copied into the PA to the Head of Campus, Rebecca Bunyon (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Applications need to be received by 4:00pm on Tuesday 26 March 2019.
Applicants, should they be shortlisted, would need to be available for an interview on the afternoon of Thursday, 28 March.
A confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of emailing your application, please contact the school on 8551 6650.
Should you require any further information please telephone the College office or visit our web site at, www.hcc.vic.edu.au