Every school is different, and at Heatherton Christian College the difference is easy to spot. It is our people, our culture.
Our staff, every single one of them really care about the students they work with. Just a few minutes at Heatherton and this care really shows. Even more amazing is how the students take this on board as well, caring for one another in so many ways from the ‘buddy’ system though to random acts of kindness. All of this in a college where students can THRIVE, in education, in faith and in leadership.
Of course, providing a quality Christian education is core business, but it is not all about ATAR scores. (not that we have anything to be ashamed of with our record in 2017 a score of 99.05).
We aim to focus on five key areas in order to build a whole and healthy Heatherton child:
- Heart: emotionally, building resilience
- Soul: faith, growing in relationship with Christ
- Mind: educationally sound
- Physically: engaged in sport and team activities
- Socially: relating well to others.