WYNDHAM CHRISTIAN COLLEGE EMPLOYMENT VACANCY 2019
- Full time primary classroom teacher (team leader)
Wyndham Christian College is seeking to employ an experienced full time primary classroom teacher to join our dynamic teaching team in 2019. The primary role of the position will be classroom teaching responsibilities, along with some additional administrative and leadership responsibilities. An additional financial and time allowance will be provided with the position. We are prepared to negotiate the administrative and leadership responsibilities of this position to suit the particular skills and expertise of the applicant. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a new school in its inaugural year and have a position created in line with the applicant’s expertise and passion. The position is on-going, and the administrative component of the role will be on an initial 12-month contract with the potential to increase in future years.
- Part-time primary specialist teaching staff positions-Learning Support Coordinator (0.4), Music, LOTE, Art (0.2 for each position)
Wyndham Christian College is seeking to employ part-time specialist teaching staff in the areas of music, LOTE, and art. It is possible to combine one or more of the positions for the right applicant. The successful applicant will have responsibility for the specialist primary program and classes from Prep-Grade 4 in 2019, with the possibility in increasing hours as the school grows.
Wyndham Christian College is a new campus of Heatherton Christian College and will be commencing in 2019 with six Prep-Grade 4 classes of 150 students, with a plan to add an additional year level each subsequent year. This is the first step in a master plan to build a large P-12 Christian College of 1450 students on our 30-acre site at 418-438 Ballan Road, Wyndham Vale 3024. This is an incredible opportunity for an enthusiastic team player to be a key part of the pioneering, growth and development of this new vibrant school.
The Wyndham area is one the fastest growing areas in metropolitan Melbourne. The College site is perfectly situated to begin a new school, it is close to public transport and adjacent to new housing estates. We anticipate that the new school will grow rapidly. There has already been huge interest and excitement from local families regarding the school, with waiting lists in some year levels for 2019 already.
All staff at Wyndham Christian College must subscribe wholeheartedly to the Wyndham Christian College Statement of Faith (view by clicking on the link below) and be active Christians with church involvement.
- Outstanding professional practice, including demonstrated capacity to differentiate the curriculum and the capacity to work with colleagues to continually improve teaching and learning.
- The ability to monitor and assess student learning data and to use this data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills and a high level of interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and staff.
- A commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of college activities and a commitment to ongoing professional learning to enable further development of skills, expertise and teaching capacity.
- A commitment to the Christian values and vision of Wyndham Christian College.
- Please outline the administrative and leadership skills, expertise and passion that you would contribute to the administrative/leadership part of this position
How to apply for a position
To be considered for a position please include the following with your application:
- A cover letter of no more than one page.
- Curriculum Vitae containing employment history, qualifications and the contact details of three professional referees.
- Response to the selection criteria (SC 1-6 for the full-time position and SC 1-5 for the part-time specialist positions)
- A current reference letter from your Church pastor or minister.
Applications must be emailed to The Executive Principal, Mr Peter Cliffe at email@example.com and cc’d to the Head of Campus, Wyndham Christian College Mrs Jennifer Trodden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of emailing your application, please contact the school on 8551 6650.
For further information please contact the Executive Principal, Peter Cliffe, during school office hours on (03) 8551 6650.
Applications close Monday 22 October, 4:00pm
Wyndham Christian College is a child-safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees will be required to comply with the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.