- Digital Technology Teacher
- CRT Positions
Digital Technology Teacher – Part time
Heatherton Christian College is a P-12 school in South East Melbourne. We are seeking to appoint a passionate, skilled and innovative Digital Technology Teacher for 2020, someone with the skills and passion to grow this area of the school in line with our Core Priorities of, “Learning that matters”, and “Innovation and Enterprise”.
This person will be responsible for teaching Digital Technology in various forms across both Primary and Secondary levels, focussing on Coding and Robotics through the middle years of schooling up to VCE Unit 1 and 2 Applied Computing.
This role is offered in 2020 as a fixed term, part time teaching position (0.8) with the possibility of ongoing employment beyond 2020. We welcome applicants of all levels of experience.
As a Child Safe School, we promote the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability. As such, the Staff Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policies must be adhered to.
A salary package consistent with the applicant’s level of experience and expertise will be negotiated.
Selection Criteria for this position
- An ability to clearly articulate a personal Christian faith.
- Suitable qualifications and current technical expertise to teach Digital Technology up to VCE level.
- A demonstrated passion and excellence as a Digital Technology teacher with an ability to assist students develop in their digital and technical application skills, and the ability to monitor and assess student learning data and to use this data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
- A high level of skills, competence and innovation in utilising and applying the use of technology to magnify the learning of students.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills and a high level of interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and staff.
- A willingness to work collaboratively and contribute to the Christian ethos and Christian community of the college, including contributing to extra-curricular activities (for example: school camps/mission trips/staff retreat/Open morning etc).
All applicants must hold current VIT registration and must subscribe wholeheartedly to the Heatherton Christian College Statement of Faith and be active Christians with church involvement.
Applications should be submitted via email (address below) and needs to include the following:
- A copy of your CV which includes evidence of registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
- A one page summary of the unique skills, attributes and experiences that you have and would bring to the role.
- A written character reference from your current Pastor/Minister/Priest.
- Contact details of three referees.
Submitting Your Application
Applications are to be addressed and sent to the Head of Campus, Phil Eastman, (email@example.com) and copied into the Head of Curriculum, David Holloway, (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rebecca Bunyon, PA to the Head of Campus (email@example.com). Applications need to be received by 12:00pm, Friday 13 December 2019.
Applicants, should they be shortlisted, would need to be available for an interview on Monday 16th December.
A confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of emailing your application, please re email your application.
Should you require any further information please telephone the College office or visit our web site at www.hcc.vic.edu.au.
Casual Relief Teaching
To register your interest in casual relief teaching at Heatherton Christian College, please contact Mr David Holloway (Head of Primary) firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Mr Phil Eastman (Head of Campus/Head of Secondary) email@example.com